NAMING YOUR IMAGES
Different computer systems handle file names differently. So for maximum compatibility please follow the guidelines below for correct naming of your images –
1. You may use uppercase, lowercase and numeric characters
2. The following characters are illegal – do not use them in file names
3. Do not use spaces, instead use underscore _ or hyphen – as separators.
4. Do not start or end your filename with a space, period, hyphen or underscore.
5. Ensure your file has the extension .jpg
6. Your grade must be the first character of the filename in lowercase with a hyphen.
7. Do not put your initials or name in the filename. This will be in the email you submit
A sample photo?.jpg a-sample photo.jpg a “sample photo”. jpg
No full size resolution digital photos accepted!
Please ensure you name and resize your image file/s correctly before emailing.
Incorrectly sized images may not be accepted or may be awarded a lower grade depending on the judge.
1. Resize your digital entries so the horizontal is no more than 1920px across and the vertical 1920px down. If you do not have an editing program that supports image resizing, see here for an online resize tool (select resize for ‘custom’ and enter 1920 for width if landscape or 1920 for height if portrait, press enter and press download) or here for a free program tp download for this purpose.
2. Title your image using the guidelines shown above. The image should be named with a title befitting the image, Eg: a-sunset-over-the-waikato.jpg
Depending on the judge, appropriate titles may constitute a significant proportion of the critique/points.
3. Submit your entries by emailing: email@example.com and attach a copy of the file you want to enter as follows:
Entry for (Month) (your name here)
Set Subject :a-title.jpg (‘a-‘ being your grade and ‘title’ being the name of your image)
You will receive an email confirmation of your emailed entry.
These emails will get filed away in the clubs folder for reference and checked against the entries that go to the judge.