- Only members who have paid their subscriptions are eligible to enter Club competitions.
- The total number of entries per member is TWO per bi-monthly competition. The number of entries may be apportioned between the two competition categories (open or set subject), but the open category will limited to 1 image only (as of January 2023). e.g. 2 images in set subject, 1 images in open category, or 1 image in each.
- All entries should be titled correctly and exclude the member’s name.
- Refer to how to submit your competition entry for more information in regards to image file naming, sizing/dimensions & email details.
- All entries must be the work of the member.
- All entries must not be more than five years old.
- Digital/(projected) entries must not exceed 1920 pixels in width or height (often referred to as 1920 pixels on the longest edge).
- An image can be entered once only to the bi-monthly club competitions, however it can be re-entered to an end of year (annual) competition.
- Points scoring are as follows:
- Grading: A, B & C
- Images to be awarded points out of 20 by the judge in their particular grades. Extra points will be added for having an image awarded “best of the competition”.
- 17 points and above will be classed as an honours, and will be awarded a certificate.
- Members in C grade have to get at least 2 x C grade honours to be moved up to B at the beginning of the next club year.
- Members in B grade have to get 4 x B grade honours to be moved up to A grade at the beginning of the next club year.
- Members in A grade can stay in this grade. After receiving a certain amount of A grade Honours will be awarded the following status
5 = Bronze
10 = Silver
15 = Gold
20 = Platinum
There will be no time limit to achieve this.
- New members transferring from other clubs with grading systems that have been judged by PSNZ Judges. We will honour their status and they can start in that particular grade.
- All other new members start in C grade.
- New members who are not a member of any club in NZ can submit a portfolio of 10 images to be assessed by the committee to ascertain their grade.
- Print of the Year – Selected via ‘The Peoples Choice’ votes at an annual exhibition or similar event.
- JW WELCH Trophy – The subject for this trophy is Floral and may have been photographed at any time but cannot be submitted if entered in previous JW Welch competitions.
- Nature Trophy – Entries to comply with PSNZ Nature category criteria.
- Creative Trophy
- Photographer of the year – This Trophy will be presented to the photographer with the most points at the end of the year.